|Adult Level 1 and 2 – Start Sailing & Basic Skills||2017|
|This four-day intensive course follows the same content and format of the two-day Level-1 and Level-2 courses.
Level-1: Start Sailing
An introduction to sailing in one of our larger (2-3 person) dinghies (2000 or Stratos). You will have an Instructor on-board teaching you how to steer, control the boat’s speed, turn around and sail in all directions. We will also cover rigging, knots, launching and recovering a dinghy and basic safety aspects.
Level-2: Basic Skills
In addition to capsize recovery, knots and safety aspects, we will refine your sailing skills and introduce you to some additional techniques and manoeuvres. You will develop the skills and confidence to sail proficiently and make your own decisions in light to medium winds. Following on from this course, you will be able to hire the club boats or join our Saturday club-coaching session to gain more experience.
31 Jul – 3 Aug
9:30 to 16:00
£330 (4 full days)
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).