|These Saturday sessions are designed to help you to improve your sailing skills in a relaxed, supervised environment and prepare you for “Sociable Saturday” racing. As a group, we will decide on an activity that suits the conditions. You might improve your tacking one week, and learn techniques for going faster or practice a variety of controlled manoeuvres the next. We may also look at racing skills, such as starting, tactics, rules, etc.
Minimum sailing experience: Adult Level 2 or Youth Stage 2.
7 Apr – 27 Oct
11:45 to 13:45
|NB – Hire fees apply for use of Club boats. Boats need to be booked and paid for at the Office prior to going on the water.
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).
View all Junior Sail Training Courses
View all Adult Sail Training Courses