Instructors and Training Centre Staff
All our instructors are trained to RYA standards and properly qualified to deliver sailing and powerboat courses which cover the requirements of the RYA.
Assistant Instructors and Dinghy Instructors are always supervised by a Senior Instructor whenever courses are being delivered and the whole team is managed by our Principal.
If you see us around the club, please have a chat about any training you are interested in or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Instructor, Matt French
Senior Instructors: Ali Butler-Baines, Jon Sweet, Andy Baker, Andy Baldock, Russell Taylor, Nigel Morse, Gordy Baines and Holly Dabson
Dinghy Instructors: Jacob Aldridge, Megan Smith, Will James, Ian Rawet, Angela Wallis, Tara Butterfield, Stephen Clemmet
Powerboat Instructors: David McNamee, Jon Sweet, Mark Boyes, Russell Taylor, Nige Morse, Ali Butler-Baines, Gordy Baines
Race Coaches: Peter Saxton, Holly Dabson
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).