Junior Sail Training
Courses leading to award of RYA Certificate
- Youth Beginner Course – RYA Stage 1 & 2
- Youth Refresher Course – RYA Stage 2+
- Youth improvers / racing course – RYA Stage 3
Other Training and Development Activities
Youth members are also welcome to participate in our training & development programmes that are additional to the formal RYA sail training syllabus. These include:
- Summer Camp
- Team Grafham
- Taster Sessions
- Sailing Clinic
- Club Coaching
- Friendly Fridays
- Sociable Saturdays
Aids to improving your sailing & racing
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).