Grafham Pirates: for ages 6-13
Grafham Youth Squad: for ages 13-19
Team Grafham will cater for young sailors at all levels of experience: for those who have perhaps sailed once or twice before, but who want to come along to meet other young sailors of a similar age and have fun on the water, to race training for those who are more experienced. On some Saturdays during the season we will join forces with the OnBoard Flyers from Grafham Water Centre and have one big session, giving Team Grafham members the opportunity to meet and sail with others.
Come and join us. We start each session in the café at 14:30 with a short briefing. The charge for each session is £10 per boat but, if you book in advance for ten sessions, you’ll get two free! Note that there’s an additional hire fee of £10 if you want to use Club boats. Boats need to be booked and paid for at the Office before going on the water.
1 Apr – 14 Oct
14:30 to 16:30
£10 per session
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).