Team Grafham caters for young sailors aged 8 upwards with a range of experience. We include race training and seamanship skills for the more experienced sailors. For those sailors who have just mastered the basics, perhaps on one of our Stage 2 courses, Team Grafham offers a great way to develop skills and confidence, as well as having lots of fun and meeting other young sailors.
|TG||7 Apr – 27 Oct||14:30 to 16:30||£5 per session|
Team Grafham Racing
From this April we will be introducing “Team Grafham Racing” for our young sailors on Sunday afternoons. There will be two races; the first at 2pm. The intention is to build on the Team Grafham experience and take the next steps into organised racing. The racing will be run in conjunction with the Club Sunday afternoon racing sessions, but with a separate start and quite possibly a separate course and in-race coaching. Meet in the Cafeteria from 13:00.
|Sunday Afternoons||8 April – 28 Oct||14:00 onwards||FREE|
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).