|Youth improvers/racing course – RYA Stage 3 and introduction to racing||2017|
|This course will help you to become a good independent sailor. It includes rigging, launching and recovery and sailing efficiently in every direction, as well as sailing techniques, capsize recovery and sailing theory. By the end of the course you will be able to launch and sail a dinghy around a triangle course efficiently in moderate conditions. We will also provide a basic introduction to racing, covering aspects like starting, the course, rules, mark rounding etc.
You should have the knowledge and skills of a Stage 2 sailor, and preferably some additional, regular practice, before taking this course.
9:30 to 16:00
£235 (5 full days)
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).