|These Saturday morning sessions let you try dinghy sailing in one of our larger boats with an experienced instructor on board to show you the ropes. During this session, you will have a chance to take control of the boat (if you wish), and you’ll learn how to control the boat’s speed, as well as how to steer and turn around. Why not bring a friend? It’s the same price for 2 people to take part!
The standard session lasts for an hour (see below). Alternatively – and subject to availability – you may book a 2-hour slot, for which charges are pro rata (£50).
27 May-30 Sep
27 May-30 Sep
9:15 to 10:15
10:30 to 11:30
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).