This event, new this year, will run until December. It takes the form of a timed sail from the Club foreshore, around the Tower, and back to the Club foreshore. Details are set out in the Tower Dash Sailing Instructions. We’re inaugurating the race on Wednesday, April 5th (from 4 p.m. onwards) and there will be special prizes for the fastest boats on the opening day.
Over the whole season, prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- The fastest sailboards on elapsed time
- The best average results for sailboards, based on elapsed time (to qualify there must be one result for each month from April to December inclusive)
- The fastest boat on elapsed time
- The fastest multihulls on corrected time
- The fastest monohulls on corrected time
- The best average results for boats based on corrected time (to qualify there must be one result for each month from April to December inclusive)
- Class prizes. To encourage participation we will also award class prizes to any class with at least eight entries and where at least 33% of the boats registered in the Club of that class have entered.
- In addition there will be awards for the slowest sailboard and slowest boat, on elapsed time
The timed sail may take place at any time, between 16:00 on Wednesday 5 April and 12 noon on Sunday 17 December 2017.
Prizes will be presented at the Christmas Lunch on Sun 17 December, except that the awards for the inaugural day’s entries will be presented on the evening of the inauguration.