Adult Sail Training
We offer a complete development program, aimed at serving all levels of interest from total novice through skills improvement, learning how to race for fun and entering into competition. Lessons take place either in your own boat or using the growing fleet of Club boats. The courses can also take place in a keelboat, leading to a certificate with a keelboat endorsement.
Courses leading to award of RYA Certificate
- Adult Level 1 – Start Sailing
- Adult Level 2 – Basic Skills
- Adult Level 1 and 2 – Start Sailing & Basic Skills
- Adult Level 3 – Better Sailing
Other Training and Development Activities
We also offer a range of training & development programmes that are additional to the formal RYA sail training syllabus. These include:
- Taster Sessions
- Sailing Clinic
- Club Coaching
- Friendly Fridays
- Sociable Saturdays
Aids to improving your sailing & racing
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers including our on-site chandler – Jonti. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).