|Youth Beginner Course – RYA Stage 1 & 2||2019|
|On this course you’ll go from beginner to confident sailor in almost no time!
The course includes basic sailing skills and background knowledge like launching and landing, steering, naming parts of the boat, knots and collision avoidance. There will be a mixture of practice exercises, fun games and wacky races, and there is a high chance that you will get very wet at some point! By the end of the course you will be able to steer, turn the boat around (tack), control the boat’s speed and return to shore safely.
Our Saturday afternoon ‘Team Grafham’ sessions provide the ideal next step.
|Details of our 2019 Courses will be available here soon.|
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).