We run both Adult and Youth taster sessions for members and non-members. These are generally under the guidance of an instructor and are designed to give you an introduction to sailing. During the session you will have the opportunity to practise basic sailing skills.
Our most popular tasters are Dinghy based but we also run Keelboat (sail and keep your feet dry!), Catamaran and Windsurfer sessions.
The programme for 2019 will be available here soon.
Further notes that apply to all courses
- Courses are only available to club members, but we have a special three-month membership package available only for new members who book a training course.
- We provide buoyancy aids for the RYA Stage 1, 2, & 3 and Level 1 & 2 courses.
- You need to provide a waterproof top and adequate soft footwear. We also require that you wear a wetsuit. They’re available secondhand and from all good chandlers. Some major supermarkets have products priced from £15 – £25 upwards.
- Courses will take place if there is sufficient demand.
- Gift vouchers are available for both course fees and membership subscriptions. Please enquire by emailing the office or by telephone (01480 810478).